Vard Marine is on the cutting edge of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) use in the marine industry for a wide range of fluid flows including:
- Ship hull resistance and powering calculations
- Hull form optimization and appendage alignment
- Determination of ship manoeuvring coefficients
- Determination of wind and current forces on ships and offshore structures
- Analysis of exhaust flows
- Analysis of machinery space ventilation
- Flight deck turbulence calculations
- Tank sloshing loads calculations
- LNG tank cooldown analysis
- Frequency and time domain seakeeping simulations
- Determination of wave loads
- Mooring analysis
Vard Marine uses the state-of-the-art commercial CFD code Star CCM+ for CFD calculations. The code has been validated against numerous model test results and proven to be very accurate and reliable for marine hydrodynamics and aerodynamics problems.
Vard Marine has a team of CFD specialists that have used Star CCM+ for over 14 years and have a combined experience in analysing marine related problems of over 40 years. Vard Marine solves CFD problems using on our dedicated in-house multiprocessor CFD computer or utilizes large parallel CPU cloud computing services for rapid processing of results.